I'm a Professor of Mathematics (Algebra) at the University of Kaiserslautern, member of the Algebra, Geometry and Computer Algebra group. My main research area is representation theory and I especially like connections to algebraic geometry, category theory, combinatorics, and computer algebra. Some specific topics I am interested in are:
- Symplectic singularities
- Highest weight categories, cellular algebras, and homological features in general
- Reflection groups, Hecke algebras, Kazhdan–Lusztig theory, "spetses"
- Wreath combinatorics
- Categorification, tensor categories
- Algorithmic and constructive techniques
News and schedule
In the 2022/2023 winter term I'm away on sabbatical (Freistellung für besondere Forschungsvorhaben)
- Jul 16–21: Hecke algebras and applications, Spetses (!)
- May 31–Jun 2: Tagung der Fachgruppe Computeralgebra, Hannover
- Feb 28–Mar 3: Retreat of the SFB TRR-195, Ebernburg
- Jan 27–28: Algebras and Representation Theory Network Meeting, Köln
- Oct 28–29: Darstellungstheorietage, Kaiserslautern
- Sep 19–22: Second annual meeting of the second period of the SFB-TRR 195, Blaubeuren
- Aug 2: Published draft Julia packages CoxeterGroups.jl (with T. Schmit), HeckeAlgebras.jl (with M. Albert), and CherednikAlgebras.jl.
- Jul 4: Our paper Wreath Macdonald polynomials at q=t as characters of rational Cherednik algebras (with D. Mathiä) has been accepted for publication in Trans. Amer. Math. Soc.
- Apr 21: I'm giving a talk in the algebra seminar at Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing (virtual)
- Apr 4–8: Symplectic singularities in geometry and representation theory, Luminy
- Mar 27: Our paper Cellularity of endomorphism algebras of tilting objects (with G. Bellamy) will appear in Adv. Math.
- Mar 22–25: Retreat 2022 of the SFB-TRR 195, Ebernburg/Bad Münster am Stein
- Feb 11: I'm giving a talk within Mathe um Mitternacht on the Lights Out Game (slides)
- Jan 21: I'm giving a talk in the Oberseminar Darstellungstheorie, Bonn
- Jan 3: New preprint Computational aspects of Calogero-Moser spaces (with C. Bonnafé)
See here for previous years.
- Since 07/2019: Professor of Mathematics (Algebra), University of Kaiserslautern, Department of Mathematics
- 04/2019–07/2019: ARC DECRA Researcher, University of Sydney, School of Mathematics and Statistics
- 04/2017–03/2019: Research Fellow, University of Sydney, School of Mathematics and Statistics
- 10/2012–03/2017: Research Assistant, University of Stuttgart, Chair of Algebra
- 05/2014: PhD in Mathematics, University of Kaiserslautern
University of Kaiserslautern
Department of Mathematics
Office: 48.416 (Gottlieb-Daimler-Straße, 67663 Kaiserslautern)
Email: thiel at mathematik.uni-kl.de
Tel: +49 631 205 2258